Quezon City Hall
City Treasurer’s Office – Annex Building
City Treasurer’s Office – Real Estate Division
Claim Stub for release of Tax Clearance
Map of Quezon City Hall Compound
Civic Center – Building B
City Assessor’s Office
City Assessor’s Office ( window 10 and window 11 )
Claim Stub for Certified True Copy of Tax Declaration
City Treasurer’s Office – Annex Building
Land Registration Building
Why getting Certified True Copies of Real Estate Documents is important in the Philippines ?
Getting certified true copies of Real Estate Documents is part of “due diligence” in purchasing a property in the Philippines. Certified true copies validate the authenticity of the property and if valid to purchase. The documents normally required are the following :
1) Transfer Certificate of Title ( if land is being purchased ) or Condominium Certificate of Title ( if condominium if being purchased )
2) Declaration of Real Property or also known as Tax Declaration ( land and improvement – if there is a house or structure on the land )
3) Tax Clearance on Real Property ( proves that the Real Estate Taxes on the property is paid )
4) Tax Receipts ( proves that the Real Estate Taxes on the property is paid )
4) Certificate Authorizing Registration ( CAR ) – document that is released by Bureau of Internal Revenue ( BIR ) to allow transfer of title to a new owner. ( Bureau of Internal Revenue now requires proof of when property was purchased, this applies to property purchases done in the mid-90s when CAR was originally issued )
Other documents to show proof of authenticity are also required when purchasing residential subdivision lots, condominiums, rawland and other commercial properties but that can be discussed in another blog.
This particular blog talks about procedures in getting certified true copies of Title, Tax Declaration and Tax Clearance in Quezon City. I’ve also uploaded photos for easier reference.
Getting Certified True Copy of Title ( Transfer Certificate of Title or Condominium Certificate of Title ). Take note to bring copies of Title and Tax Declaration.
1) Go to Land Registration Building ( LRA ), East Avenue corner NIA Road, Quezon City
2) If you are not the owner of the property, secure an authority to transact and xerox copy of government Identification Card from the registered owner and present to clerk.
3) Fill up request form ( bring copy of Title ) and pay the certification fee amounting to Php 273.35
4) Get claim stub clerk, ready for pick up in 5 business days.
Getting Certified True Copy of Tax Declaration and Tax Clearance. Take note to bring copies of tax declaration.
1) Go to Quezon City Hall, Quezon Circle
2) For Tax Declaration, go to Civic Center, Building B
3) Get request form from reception, fill out form and proceed to window 10
4) Get payment form which y0u will pay at Cashier at Annex Building, ground floor ( don’t pay yet )
5) Go to City Treasurer’s Office, Real Estate Division, Annex Building, 2nd floor
6) Proceed to receiving section and fill out necessary forms
7) Get payment form which you will pay at Cashier at Annex Building, ground floor
8) Proceed now to Cashier’s Office and pay fees for both Tax Clearance and Certified True Copy of Tax Declaration
Certified True Copy of Tax Declaration = Php 50.00 per copy – for pick up following day
Certified True Copy of Tax Clearance = Php 50.00 per copy – for pick up in 5 business day
Requirements and Processing of documents varies with every City, it’s best to call their respective offices to avoid any inconvenience.
Robert G. Sarmiento Properties
Professional Affiliation :
Real Estate Broker’s Association of the Philippines
President, Greenhills Chapter 2008-2009
02 5148481 ( direct line )
+ 632 5536051 ( trunkline )
+ 632 4781316 ( telefax )
+ 632 8561365 ( line 3 )
+ 632 8041701 ( line 4 )
+ 63 917 5364829 ( globe ) + 63 920 9064829 ( smart )
Email : [email protected]
Website : www.robertgsarmiento.org
Subscribe to my daily postings at www.robertgsarmiento.org by sending an email to [email protected] and write SUBSCRIBE on the subject.