Conjugal Property – Philippine Law
Here’s some information on conjugal property under Philippine Law, take note that the Family Code of the Philippines was revised during President Corazon Aquino’s tenure and was effected on July 6, 1987 and ownership of property, whether paraphernal or not are subject to the Family Code. Please consult your lawyer for any concerns you may have.
Conjugal Partnership Property
Art. 116. All property acquired during the marriage, whether the acquisition appears to have been made, contracted or registered in the name of one or both spouses, is presumed to be conjugal unless the contrary is proved. (160a)
The following are conjugal partnership properties:
- (1) Those acquired by onerous title during the marriage at the expense of the common fund, whether the acquisition be for the partnership, or for only one of the spouses;
(2) Those obtained from the labor, industry, work or profession of either or both of the spouses;
(3) The fruits, natural, industrial, or civil, due or received during the marriage from the common property, as well as the net fruits from the exclusive property of each spouse;
(4) The share of either spouse in the hidden treasure which the law awards to the finder or owner of the property where the treasure is found;
(5) Those acquired through occupation such as fishing or hunting;
(6) Livestock existing upon the dissolution of the partnership in excess of the number of each kind brought to the marriage by either spouse; and
(7) Those which are acquired by chance, such as winnings from gambling or betting. However, losses therefrom shall be borne exclusively by the loser-spouse.
Visit www.robertgsarmiento.org for blogs, news, case studies and property listings which you may find informative.
Subscribe to my daily postings by filling in your email address at the SUBSCRIBE section located at the mid right hand portion of the webpage of www.robertgsarmiento.org
Should you need information or possibly be in the market for a particular property, please use the search engine ( highlighted in green color ) on the upper right hand corner of the website .
For properties you may have for SALE or LEASE, kindly email details at email@example.com or call my office for details we would need.
Robert G. Sarmiento Properties
Professional Affiliation :
Real Estate Broker’s Association of the Philippines
President, Greenhills Chapter 2008, 2009
Philippine Association of Real Estate Brokers
San Juan Mandaluyong Chapter 1998, 1999
PRC # 6569
AIPO # 000897
02 5148481 ( direct line )
+ 632 5536051 ( trunkline )
+ 632 4781316 ( telefax )
+ 632 8561365 ( line 3 )
+ 632 8041701 ( line 4 )
+ 63 917 5364829 ( globe )
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Website : www.robertgsarmiento.org